How to Choose the Best WordPress Hosting
One of the things that have often been overlooked is web hosting. Web hosting is an important component that helps in making a website successful. It is only by choosing the best WordPress hosting that you will be able to improve your SEO and increase sales from your website. For WordPress hosting, there are various options that people have like Free, Shared, Dedicated, VPS and managed WordPress hosting. This guide is meant to help you in choosing the best WordPress hosting for your website. In the guide, WordPress hosting requirements, ways of choosing WordPress hosting and the best WordPress hosting sites will be discussed.
WordPress Hosting Requirements
It is required that your provider be running MySQL version of 5.0 or greater.
The criteria provided above are just the bare minimum requirements
Choose the Best WordPress Hosting
There are different considerations that should be made when choosing the right WordPress hosting. Here below are some of the considerations that should guide you in choosing the right WordPress hosting.
Know your Own Hosting Needs
The first guide that will lead you to choosing the best WordPress hosting site is to know your own hosting needs. You should know the exact hosting needs. The following should be your guiding questions:
- What kind of website are you building?
- Do you have need of Windows applications?
- Does your website require special software?
- How big can the web traffic volume go?
Server Uptime Record
Another factor that should be considered when choosing WordPress hosting is the server uptime record. A good web hosting service provider should be able to guarantee 24×7 operation. The best WordPress hosting should provide 99% uptime. A web host should thus provide a powerful server and stable network connections.
Multiple Addon Domains
It is important to have dozens of domains given the cheapness of owning. To get multiple domains, you will need extra hosting space. For this reason, it is important to have a web host that allows for multiple domains.
Most WordPress websites process business transactions. When choosing web host, you should consider that which provides for good shopping cart software. And even with that, the software should have sufficient e-commerce features. Some of the features include:
- SSL Certification
- Dedicated IP
- One-click shopping cart software installation.
One of the most important features that you should look in a web host is backup provided. A good web host should offer site backup to a WordPress website. Furthermore, there should be regular backups to ensure that no data is lost.
24 Hour Live Support
In choosing the best web host, you should also look at the kind of support offered by the customer care representative. The best WordPress hosting should provide 24-hour live support.
The best web host is known through the security features provided. A good web host should guarantee website owners of good security.
It always looks good when you host your email account with your website. A good web host should therefore provide this email feature. This is an important factor to consider when choosing the best WordPress hosting.
Easy-to-Use Hosting Control Panel
Another important feature that defines a good WordPress hosting is the ease of control panel. An easy to control panel helps website owners to have full control of the website in an easy way.
Choosing a good web host is very essential to having a successful website. The above stated factors should be your guide to getting the best WordPress hosting. In choosing WordPress hosting, you can opt for shared hosting, VPS hosting or managed hosting depending on your website needs. Here below are the different hosting types and the best web host.
Best WordPress Shared Hosting
What is Shared Hosting?
Shared hosting is a basic web host service where resources are shared. The best analogy for explaining shared hosting is like living in a house where you have your own room but share facilities such as kitchen and washroom. Shared hosting is good for websites with no high traffic. Some of the best WordPress shared hosting includes:
Inmotion WordPress hosting is considered to be among the best options that one has when seeking WordPress hosting. The features that define Inmotion WordPress Hosting will be highlighted here below.
- Pre-Installed: Users get WordPress pre-installed by a technical expert. This means that there is less work for users using Inmotion WordPress.
- Auto-Updates: There are frequent and automated updates that are meant to ensure performance and security are guaranteed.
- Free Backups: There are free backups offered daily to avoid loss of data in any way. Users are thus, guaranteed that they cannot lose their data.
- Free Domain: Users get free domain after setting up an account.
- Unlimited Hosting: There is absolute no limit to your success. You can choose whichever hosting plan that fits your needs.
- Free Themes: There are free themes offered to kick start your website building with WordPress.
- Fully Supported by WordPress: Inmotion is compatible with WordPress specifications.
Bluehost is one of the best WordPress shared hosting companies. It is known to be the best for the numerous features it offers to its users. As a shared hosting, bluehost has the following features:
- Unlimited Email: With bluehost, you can create and manage unlimited email accounts (Pro Plan).
- Automatic Backup: There are regular and automatic backup that work to secure your data.
- Enhanced cPanel: Bluehost has an enhanced cPanel that makes it easy to manage your website, emails, domains, files etc.
- Scalability: With bluehost, you can start from what you simply need but get the option of moving to more powerful options as your website grows.
- Resource Protection: Bluehost provide resource protection by re-assigning websites using excessive resources to isolated systems.
- Cloud: Bluehost has now introduced cloud hosting where websites will enjoy more powerful, simple and affordable hosting.
Siteground is one of the best web hosting crafted for superior experience. The superior experience is enjoyed out of the many features provided. Here below are some of the top features:
- Unlimited Websites: You can host multiple sites using unlimited addon domains (GoGeek Plan).
- Premium E-Commerce: There is an inclusion of one year free SSL certificate
- Premium Security: There is efficient security offered by siteground. As a leading web host, siteground keep up to 30 backup copies of your website.
- Premium Support: There is premium support where your questions are answered promptly.
- Uptime: siteground assures websites of 99% uptime.
- Other features include:
Free domain name
Free Setup and Transfer
Free CloudFlare CDN
Free daily backup
cPanel & SSH access
24/7 technical support
Unlimited traffic, emails, DBs
30 days money back
Best WordPress VPS Hosting
What is VPS Hosting?
Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting is the type of hosting where only major facilities are shared. In an analogy, VPS can be compared to owning an apartment in gated community where only major facilities such as swimming pool and recreation parks are shared. Here below are some of the best WordPress VPS hosting.
Inmotion Hosting is one of the best shared VPS hosting provider. We consider inmotion to be a good web host due to the following features it provides to its users:
- Unlimited Domains and Websites: As a leading shared VPS hosting, inmotion offers unlimited domains and websites.
- Ecommerce optimized: The ecommerce software used here have been optimized for effective functionality.
- Scalable: it is easy to move your website when it grows.
- Unlimited email accounts: With inmotion, you can create unlimited email accounts for your website.
- Free Backup: the web host also offers free backup for websites.
- High Speed: Inmotion has some of the best speeds.
- Guaranteed Satisfaction: There is a promise of satisfaction which is guaranteed by a 90-day money back.
- Other features:
Reseller access with WHM
Optional root access
Unlimited FTP accounts
Free solid-state drives
Custom advanced policy firewall
Media Temple (MT)
Media Temple is another best VPS hosting for WordPress. With an array of features, you will find this to be your best companion in solving your hosting needs. The top features that make Media Temple to be considered among the best include:
- Fast: This is the fastest Linux VPS hosting that one can get. The speeds are just so amazing and suitable for high traffic sites.
- Uptime: Websites using this hosting are guaranteed of 99.99% uptime. This means that your website will be running 24/7 without experiencing any technical problems that lead to your site going down.
- Ecommerce Optimized: The ecommerce software used here have been optimized for efficient delivery of payment services.
- Backup: There is regular backup of websites to ensure that there is no data lost in case of any accident.
- Scalable: With this web host, you can easily move to another platform as your website grows.
Best WordPress Managed Hosting
What is Managed Hosting?
Managed hosting is a type of hosting where a web host leases dedicated servers to a single client. Unlike the shared and VPS, there is no sharing of facilities with other websites. Needless to say, managed hosting is the best but also the most expensive type of hosting.
This is the best WordPress managed hosting.WordPress hosting has been perfected by WP Engine hosting solutions. As the best, Wp Engine has a number of features that are very valuable to websites. Some of the most amazing features include:
- Technologically advanced: One of the most interesting features of this web host is in its systems which rely on latest hosting technology. This feature results to other features such as:
- Expertise: There are many experts employed to work for this web host. Website owners therefore get unique features such as live customer support.
- Daily Backups: There is daily backup of data to avoid loss of data.
- Firewall: It provides multiple, powerful firewalls between your data and potential threats.
- Malware Scan: There is proactive detection of any kind of malware. The detected malware is destroyed immediately.
- Other features:
Having given the factors to be considered when choosing the best WordPress hosting service provider, it should not be hard to get the best web host. Furthermore, you can use any of the above mentioned web hosts which are considered to be the best based on their features. The choice you make should be guided on the type of website you are running.