How To Add Google Analytics To WordPress Blog
When it comes to analyzing blog traffic stats, we have ample amount of tools to analyze your blog stats.
You must have heard about the Jetpack Plugin for WordPress which gives very good and broad information on your Site’s Stats?
Although after all these, even if you aren’t satisfied with the results of traffic tracking then one ultimate solution is Google Analytics.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google launched the service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google Analytics is now the most widely used web analytics service on the Internet.(source: Wikipedia)
Google Analytics is a very useful Tool for Bloggers, special WordPress originated like:
- Organized Important Data at First: If there is one (or more) pieces of data you want to see at a glance every time you log in to your analytics, be sure to set it up in the Dashboards area. You can create multiple dashboards, each of which can contain multiple widgets.
- Find highest Competitive Campaigns bring huge traffic: By using Google Analytics, you can track all the sources from where you are getting the traffic to decide the highest paying Campaign.
- Location based determination of Visitors: Thanks to Google Analytics, Now you can simply look under your Visitors menu to see the Location demographics of your visitors to get a glance about from where your traffic is coming. It gives you access to see worldwide stats, including an average time on site spent by a single user and also bounce rate of visitors from particular countries.
And a lot of other uses of Google Analytics are there which can be claimed of free without paying a single penny. So, what you waiting for?
The whole setup will be finished in two major steps:
- Setting Up Google Analytics Account
- Adding Google Analytics to WordPress Blog
Setting up Google Analytics Account:
Let’s get started first by setting up your Google Analytics account for your WordPress blog which we will connect with your blog later in the tutorial.
It’s not necessary to have WordPress only, you can also try the below methods for any other CMS platforms too.
1) If you are doing this for your first Blog site, then first you need to go to Google analytics home page and log in using your Google account or create an account which is also free.
After that, for the first time setup, you will be asked to add your website details and your personal details to get started.
After entering all details, Click on Get Tracking Code and you will get a unique tracking code for your WordPress blog which will look something like UA-*****-2-42.
Cheers! That’s all. Till this point, you have successfully created setup your Google Analytics account and also got the Tracking Code.
Now it’s time to initiate the process of Adding Google Analytics to WordPress blog.
Adding Google Analytics to WordPress Blog
It’s time to Add the Google Analytics to your WordPress blog which can be done very easily using many methods.
I believe, using the Google Analytics Plugin will be the best encase of newly setup, depending upon your level of blogging you should pick one of the below-mentioned methods.
Method 1: Using Google Analytics for WordPress plugin
I personally believe, for any level blogger, using the Google Analytics Plugin to add the Tracking Code and Start checking the stats is the best and very easy way.
Even in the Plugins, There are many plugins which are available in WordPress Plugin repo to add Google analytics to your WordPress blog, but Google Analytics plugin by Yoast is the best one in my case.
All you need to do is follow the steps below:
First, Download the Google Analytics Plugin by MonsterInsights ( Formerly Yoast) from the link.
Once you have activated the plugin, you will see a popup asking to allow or disallow tracking, which I would suggest to select “Do not allow tracking” as it won’t let any information go out of your blog.
So Now, Go to Insights> Settings to configure the plugin and click on Authenticate with Google Google Account or you can also select manually enter the UA code.
Click on save settings button and that’s it, you have successfully configured the plugin.
Plugin Alternative: If you want to see Google analytics data in your dashboard, Analytify is one useful plugin for you which allow you to see the real-time stats of the site staying on Dashboard only.
Method 2: Manually by Accessing your WordPress Theme
You access to the Header and the Footer section of the Theme files by default to placing the code. If you are using genesis framework, There is also an inbuilt feature. it can be
Simply copy the tracking code which you obtained from the Analytics site, and now go to theme setting option, look for any option to add footer script and paste the code.
Genesis > Theme Settings> and paste it under footer script box.
It will work smoothly and more over you don’t actually have to rely on any other 3rd party plugin for adding Google Analytics to your WordPress blog.
Although it might be quite hectic for the newly started bloggers but once you setup then need not to worry at least until you change the whole CMS 😉
By Adding Google Analytics to your blog, you actually like climbing onto a new step in Blogging.
Also let me know in the comments section below about any other method if you know?
Or which one you choose for adding Google analytics to WordPress blog for yours. Cheers!